This Lemon Blueberry cake is perfect for summer days! The best way to use those fresh blueberries. You can serve this with breakfast, enjoy with coffee in the afternoon or even dessert! The fresh lemon glaze is what gives it the added lemon flavor. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. Also great to take to those summer barbecues!
- 1 1/2 Cups AP Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Cups of Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil.
- Gradually fold in the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Slowly fold in the blueberries. One tip is to coat them flour (about 1 Tbsp) before adding to the mix.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- 3/4 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- Juice from 1 Lemon
Allow cake to cool and then drizzle over the top. You can adjust the lemon and sugar ratio depending on how sweet you want it!