Apple pie is a classic fall dessert. When Jason and I first got married I started testing new recipes. My favorite place to look up recipes was Allrecipes.com I loved how you can look up any recipe and read reviews and find the best one.
When it came time to make an apple pie, I came across this Grandma Ople Apple Pie recipe with over 10,000 five star reviews, so thought I would give it a try!
Grandma Ople’s Apple Pie
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
You can read more here at Allrecipes.com