One of our favorite weeknight dinners is an easy healthy butter chicken. It’s also whole 30 compliant and keto. This dish includes turmeric which is so healthy for you. You can also serve over cauliflower rice to make it low carb. Even my picky eater loves this! You can also adjust it depending on how spicy you like!
Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons garam-marsala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken cut into cubes
- 17 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Turn the Instant Pot on SAUTE and melt the butter. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add all of the spices, continue stirring and cook for a minute. Then add the tomato sauce and deglaze. Switch off the sauté setting.
- Add the chicken and mix everything together.
- Secure the lid and make sure your vent is sealed. Select the manual pressure setting and set the cooking time for6 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 10 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
- Carefully remove the lid, and press on saute. Stir in the coconut milk, and allow the sauce to reduce.
- If you want to make the sauce thicker, mix 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of water together and then add to mixture. Continue until desired thickness.
7. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
This dish also makes great leftovers!